My Adventures Blogs are part of the Adventures in Missions Network of Websites
Just wanted to post a quick update for you all – I know many of you have been praying and your comments and personal messages you’ve sent me have meant so much.
Unfortunately I got bad news today – my parasite tests came back negative. While that seems like it would be good news, what it means to us is we are back to square one. We have no idea what’s wrong with me, and let me tell you I am sick of being sick!
Getting this news was very discouraging, frustrating, and confusing to both me and Rusty. We thought for sure we’d have a diagnosis and be done with these expensive tests. Now we aren’t quite sure what to do next, and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious and upset. I am just PRAYING nothing serious is wrong!
We are trying to get an appointment with another doctor next week. In the meantime, here are some things you can pray for:
- A QUICK diagnosis. We only have 2 and 1/2 months before we move to Thailand, and we need to have this diagnosed AND treated before we go! I need to be healthy before my body is exposed to a foreign country (which means foreign germs/diseases.)
- That nothing serious is wrong. Please pray that whatever is wrong is treatable and not a more serious/lifelong issue or illness.
- Affordable tests/treatments. Since we are “employed” as full-time missionaries, our health insurance is not the best. Please pray that the tests and the treatment needed are not too costly.
- No blood tests. I know this sounds like a silly request and there are MUCH worse things in the world, but I’ve always believed, “if it’s big enough to worry about, it’s big enough to pray about”. I am TERRIFIED of needles. I can handle shots ok (as long as I don’t see the needle) but having blood drawn or having an IV makes me absolutely hysterical. If there is any way I can be diagnosed without a long list of painful blood tests, that would be an answer to prayer!
- Peace of mind. As I said above I’m frustrated, I’m confused, and I’m scared. If you could pray for peace and comfort for me during this time I would really appreciate it!